Conditions of adoption
Prior to handing over a welfare Dalmatian to new owners, Scottish Dalmatian Welfare requires that the prospective owner signs an adoption contract to indicate their agreement with our conditions of adoption. These conditions are outlined below.
All adopters agree that:
- The Dalmatian will live with the Adopter in a private household.
- The Adopter agrees to provide the Dalmatian with a securely fenced exercise area.
- The Dalmatian is considered a companion animal. He/she must live in the house. He/she cannot be kept outside in a kennel, garage, shed or pen.
- It is strongly recommended that the Dalmatian be spayed or neutered, but veterinary advice should be obtained. The Dalmatian must not be bred from.
- Adopters who live in rented accommodation must provide proof from the property owner that a dog may be kept in the accommodation.
- It is strongly recommended that the Dalmatian be examined at the Adopter's expense by a vet, within 48 hours of adoption. Should any serious illness be found at that time, then upon written certification from the vet, the Dalmatian may be returned to the Welfare Service.
- The Adopter agrees to provide the Dalmatian with necessary veterinary care for illness, disease or injury. The Dalmatian must also receive routine vaccinations and medication as prescribed by a vet.
- The Adopter agrees never to abandon the Dalmatian, never to give it to another person, animal shelter or other organisation. If the Adopter can no longer keep the Dalmatian, the Dalmatian must be returned to the Welfare Service.
- It is strongly recommended that the Dalmatian wears proper identification at all times. If lost or stolen, he/she must be reported as missing to animal shelters, police, vets., etc., and the Welfare Service.
- The Welfare Service reserves the right to check on the living conditions of the Dalmatian, and that the conditions of this Agreement are being adhered to. If the Dalmatian is not being kept as prescribed then the Welfare Service retains the right to reclaim the Dalmatian.
- The Adopter assumes full financial responsibilities' for the Dalmatian and will not seek or expect to receive reimbursement for any or all expenses incurred, including food, vet. fees, insurance, etc.
- It is strongly recommended that the Adopter insures the Dalmatian.
- Donations received will NOT be refunded.